Monday, August 24, 2009

My first try at portraits

Mindy called me the other day and asked me if I would take some family photos for her. Although I do find that I enjoy taking pictures, I don't consider myself a photographer. We went to the park by Machelles house and wandered around taking a few photos. I don't know if Mindy will get mad that I posted these, but I looked at her post and realized she doesn't put up any pictures anyway. All in all I had a fun time being with them and I know that if they paid a profesional he/she would have done a better job, but you get what you pay for.





Mindy and C's



The whole family. I had no idea what it took to get the whole family to do what you want, forget smiling all at once. I was just happy that they all had their eyes opened at the same time.




The photogenic Allea.
I think this is the only picture of Colbys smile. He has the same problem that I have when posing. I think I'm smiling, until I see the picture. At least he makes up for it in being cool.
C's and Allea. This is one of my favorite. I know that C's is not my blood brother, but I think of him as one, and like to see how good he is with the kids.









Coltons new myspace photo

I can't say who won this one, but it was close.













Good looking kids in a cool car. When I do become a profesional photographer I will find out how to get them all to smile, but maybe that is what makes a good picture, letting them be themselves.
I had such a good time just being around them for the morning. They probably thought I was grumpy. I wasn't, I just get nervous when I try new things. Thanks Mindy and family for letting me get my feet wet with this first attempt. I promise the next ones will be better. (and then I can charge you).

5 comments:

  1. Just realized that my words run down the sides of the pictures. Just pretend it's a game, and you have to try to make out what it says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed playing your "game" and reading what you wrote. Nice pics! I love the two at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the last one, kinda black and white, but not...? cool effect. Bribery for smiles may work next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for noticing Ron. They really are black and white though, huh Mindy.

    ReplyDelete