Thursday, February 12, 2009

Oh yea, it is the Mecham Review.




I keep forgetting that the review means a: a retrospective view or survey (as of one's life). So let me review, survey and retrospectivate the lives of the Mecham family.
Last night Jeff came home from Volleyball practice and started to break out in hives. He complained that his throat was swelling up and he was having difficulties. We can only guess that he ate something that didn't agree with him. (There is also a possibility that he almost got a B on a math test). We woke up this morning and he was still alive, so everything must be ok.




















Tim is still trying out for track. He is in hard core serious training and is carefully watching what he eats.
















He is also still trying to grow his mustache. This is probably as close as he'll get to one in a while.














Mandy is busy with cheerleading. She likes it, but I think she misses gymnastics. Maybe we will win Megabucks and can afford to put her back in.



















Jake is busy with school and the Cello. He woke up a little late today and missed going to student council. He was pretty bumbed. When I came home his Mom was putting a bandaid on his arm. I don't know what he did, but if he wakes up tomorrow then we'll assume he is fine. He just recently had his blue and gold dinner, and had tons of fun with it.




















Kathy went to school today. She had her first pop quiz. She is finding it a little easier now that she is getting back into it. She still has to study pretty hard, but is determined that this is something that she wants to do. She received her first substitute teaching call today. It is only for a half day tomorrow, but she is nervous-excited.
Me, I am waking up everyday feeling like the sky is falling, but somehow I keep getting through one more day. I wish the economy was better, but it is not. I realize that it could be a lot worse, but Kathy keeps helping me to count my blessings and stay positive. My sister Michelle is my sounding board. She talks me down off the ledge at least twice a week, and I try my best to make her wet her pants at least once a week. I love to make her laugh, because she gets all Grandma Mecham on me and starts to say "
Oh Dear", or "Oh My" and sounds just like Grandma.
So there you have it, The Mecham Review.




















There you have it, the Mecham Review.

3 comments:

  1. Tell Kathy that substitute teaching is nothing like having your own class. Tell her to have plan B – Sometimes teachers don’t leave very good teaching plans. Ron thanks for the updates. They’re great. I felt bad that I didn’t go to Doug’s baby blessing but sure glad you filled me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't "wet my pants" when I read your blog, but it sure makes me laugh. I love hearing about your kids, who I've never met--think we need a 16th/Gateway reunion, wedding, or something just to get everybody together again. PS: I'm glad Kathy is there to make sure your kids wake up okay in the morning. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys aren't busy enough! And the sky is not falling, it's just over-cast, at least that's how I have to see it when I wake up with similar thoughts.

    ReplyDelete