Thursday, March 19, 2009

What's happening.

Another busy week.
Jeff started Volleyball. He is playing setter for Centennials varsity team. I love to watch men's volleyball. It is such a faced paced game, and there is so much strategy involved. They have had 3 games so far. They lost the first 2 teams in 5 games, and won yesterdays game in 3.
They are preparing for the LaJolla tournament next week.

Mandy is preparing for a performance at the School of the Arts. It is not a normal recital in front of a congregation. She goes into a room and plays for several judges that will evaluate her. She has not picked her new violin yet. Who knew that it would be so difficult to find the right one.

Jake is playing a soccer tournament this weekend. I love his team. The coaches are awesome. Coach Gary is so patient and is awesome for volunteering his time. He doesn't have a son playing on this team but still is so dedicated to the boys. Coach Chris is the hard core tough military guy that jumps out of airplanes in foreign countries, shoots weapons that we probably don't know exist and still finds time to coach the boys. He played in college and has a son that plays on the team. We are fortunate to have found such a good, fun team for Jake to play with.

Tim is running track. He runs a relay (400 meter I think). But he also was tapped to run hurdles. He had never ran hurdles until a couple days before the meet. He ran and came in last, but then was asked to run varsity hurdles (they didn't have anybody else to run them.) His time at the Varsity meet had improved to the point that he would have won his JV, hurdles with the same time. I think running track is a great idea for improving his football, he is staying in great shape, and has made him a stronger runner.

Kathy is off this week for spring break. She has spent her break working in my office, and substitute teaching for a couple of days. She has applied for a new program at school to help her get her secondary teaching degree sooner. I am glad she is staying busy, I was worried that she would spend Spring Break hanging out with all of her new college buddies doing keg stands or playing beer pong. Seriously, she works hard, and I attribute the success of my kids and business to her dedication and willingness to make sacrifices.

I spent the week at the bottom of the pool at Caesars Palace, Harrahs, Ballys and several backyard pools.

2 comments:

  1. Busy family! and I agree, volleyball is fun to watch. You wear scuba gear in those pools?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed you insert another, in lieu of the 'real you' photo. . .referring to About Me photo.

    ReplyDelete